I have the Fujifilm GFX 50S for the next month or so thanks to Fujifilm Korea (glad to be using it for my Tattoos of Asia project), and I’d like to share my thoughts here as I begin using the camera. I’ve shot both medium and large format film over the years, but this will be my first long term exposure to medium format digital.
Today, I decided to take it for a walk around the streets of Seoul to get a feel for the camera and decide how I’d like it set up before I do anything too serious with it. I decided to take some streets I’ve not taken in one of my favourite areas of the city to challenge myself creatively and make sure the camera gets in my way for the first little while.
Thoughts from today:
- It’s an X, but it’s not.
- It feels like the X-T1 did at release; focus is around that speed, and there are still a few clumsy settings.
- Files are significantly different from X-Trans files.
- The camera is very well made.
- Battery life could be better.
- Not a run and gun camera, but definitely useable as a walk-around.
Leave a comment